Saturday, October 10, 2009

Where does time go?

It seems so hard to believe that we are almost to the middle of October already. My DGS is looking forward to putting on his "dead pirate" outfit and tricking everyone on Halloween. The trees here are beginning to take on the beautiful colors of autumn and with the rain we've had, they are already starting to pile on the ground. I just love the colors of fall, the crisp morning air and the sound of the leaves under my feet as I walk along. I am not a huge fan of what comes next, but the fall has always been my favorite time of year.

Just 2 months and my son will be home for a visit from Alaska. It is so hard with him being so far away and knowing the conditions there are not great. (He lives in Barrow. Google that sometime!) It will be absolutely wonderful to have him home for the Christmas holidays. Even better, my nephew is leaving Iraq this week and he and his wife will also be joining us for a couple days at that time too. It will be so nice for the grown kids to all be together again. It's been a while!

I have closed my CT call and will be making a post later about the lovely ladies who will be working with my kits. The second store is loaded now and we are making plans at Ivy Scraps for a Grand Opening. Watch here for details. I know that this is a busy time of year for everyone, but don't forget the font and recipe challenges at Moo Two. The recipe challenge this time is Soup and the weather is perfect for sharing those recipes. Oh and remember there is a chat on the 29th for Genealogy. Terry put up a great lesson last month and we are still discussing it and answering questions. We'd love to have you and those who attend will pick up this mini kit free. If you miss it, then you will find it in my stores in November sometime.



I'm off to take advantage of some free time while DH is off fishing with the guys. Until the next time... Hugs to all, Jan

2 comments:

mye said...

you really have nice kits, sweetie. i love your choice of colors!

PatinParis said...

Added your blog to my blog list!! Welcome to Deco-Pages!!